Citadel Doppelgängers for Toob-Feeding Lemmings. All is Abetted by Calamity-News and Corn-pone-Media Quislings. The GWOT Core of Manifest Destiny aka Exceptional- and Z- and Jingo- isms are Mandates for Eviscerating Natives' Resources an Explicit Neo-Cannibalism. This Manic Tyranny of Unsustainable Reactionary Paradigms is Shock-Doctrined by the Hoaxed "Unawareness" of Ideological, Humanitarian, and Military Crises. "Left" or "Right" Politics has Been Made Entirely Irrelevant.

Friday, July 3, 2015

~Redacted...HORRIBLE Risks from nose surgery (what are the gains in my situation?)

recommended to purchase gauze pads prior to surgery so that the patient will have enough
​ 


maybe waiting two weeks is better?
the procedures are:

​​
endoscopic sinus surgery
 (~90% left and 
​50% ? ​
most of right are occluded
​?​
, or loaded with polyps...
​ the CT scan shows significant impairments)​

septoplasty
:  making it straight 
​<
​I've always heard these sinus fixes are useful for ~2 years, then some reversion to bad happens>
 
 
submucous reduction of inferior turbinates
(reduce the size of the lower
​ 'turbinates' 
near the bottom of the nostril?) 


RECOVERY: DEPENDING
 ​
on the extent of the surgery,
recovery may take a few days. It may take up to 3 to 5 days <some people said weeks, months, never, or got worse than before> to feel completely back to normal.


HOWEVER there are numerous comments here from patients with horrible recovery pains, and lack of improvement or INCREASED symptoms of bad stuff.  MAYBE MY CIRCUMSTANCES ARE NOT SO GRAVE TO PURSE IMMEDIATE SURGERY?
I FEEL LIKE THIS MIGHT BE THE WORST DECISION THAT I WILL EVER MAKE!?
... compared with
​... already having some health concerns.​
 

Some patients have found frozen vegetables in packages (for example bags of frozen peas) to be a convenient ice pack which nicely conforms to the face. The frozen material should be separated from the skin by a towel or similar barrier to avoid any skin damage. Many clinicians suggest periods of 15 minutes of such ice-pack treatment followed by 15 minutes of removal to not damage the skin.

Moderate bleeding from the nose is normal, and will gradually decrease. The gauze dressing ("mustache dressing") will collect blood and should be changed as needed. It is not unusual to change these dressings every hour during the first 24 hours after surgery.

​   ​
It is recommended to purchase gauze pads prior to surgery so that the patient will have enough
​   ​
for dressing changes. After a few days the patient will probably not need to use the dressing any longer. Do not take aspirin, aspirin-containing medications, or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (such as ibuprofen/Advil,Naprosyn, < okay, WHAT is taken for a possibly extreme, prolonged series of PAIN?> and others) for as long as the surgeon has instructed following surgery, because such medications may increase bleeding and slow clotting at the surgical site.

in our speedy conversation: these side effect dangers below were not mentioned (its a subset of a big list at page)   http://www.medicinenet.com/sinus_surgery/article.htm )

  • Permanent numbness of the upper teeth, palate, or face.
  • Nasal obstruction due to failure to control infection or polyps.
  • Prolonged pain, impaired healing, and the need for hospitalization.
  • Failure to restore or worsening of the sense of smell or taste. Continue Reading
Some form of a narcotic < I would like to have a lot of pills in case they are critical during the first days, in fact it might be too painful for me to be driven to Glenview for 2nd day post-op check?>   may also be prescribed and is to be taken as needed for pain. If the patient requires narcotics, they should not drive and should consider having a responsible person stay with them. In some situations the doctor may give steroids to be taken either preoperatively and/or postoperatively


lifetime care advice: from http://www.medicinenet.com/sinus_surgery/page5.htmMaximize Moisture. Patients should always remember to maximize moisture in their nose. Keeping sinuses moist makes mucus thinner, allowing the sinuses to drain better. This drainage in turn helps prevent infection. Use a humidifier, drink plenty of water, avoid drying substances such as alcohol and caffeine, try to avoid smoke which dries out sinus linings, and use plenty of saline irrigation

also... "Avoid Allergens"  "Avoid smoky places" "Prevent colds"

----------  Try not to rest eye glasses on the bridge of the nose until soreness and swelling subside. People may wear contact lenses once eye swelling and any eye irritation has resolved.--------------

Patient Comments: Deviated Septum Surgery - Complications

Comment from: NashMatt, 35-44 Male (Patient)Published: June 04

It has been 4 years since I had septoplasty and turbinate reduction. For me, it has been incredibly successful. My breathing feels free whereas before there was constantly a resistance through my right nostril. I also had recurring colds that turn into sinus infections which many general practitioners did not want to give antibiotics for. Now, I get sick much less frequently. When I do take on a cold it makes me feel crummy, but it is not nearly as severe as before where I did not feel like doing anything. I still have chronic drainage and inside my nostrils tends to be dryer and crusty, but I would have the surgery again without hesitation.

Comment from: unknown, 19-24 Male (Patient)Published: October 15

I had septoplasty and partial turbinectomy in October 2012 but after 8 days I felt some kind of blockage behind my left ear. When at night I go to sleep, my neck and ear go red hot with a very low sound of whistling in my left year and after a few days my body muscles started getting hard from my neck up to my foot.

Comment from: none, 19-24 Female (Caregiver)Published: December 17

My son says, "I would rather have my wisdom teeth out every other month for the rest of my life." I think some are having minor procedures and others major. It takes two extra strength hydrocodone to enable him to get any sleep. He heard a dripping sound in his head for several hours after and eventually threw up a stomach full of blood. The headache is as bad as the surgical pain, and he can't stand light or sound.

Comment from: Deepak, 19-24 Male (Patient)Published: August 13

How frequently the septum perforation occurs. I have gone through septoplasty once, but no benefit. :( So, after 3 yrs I am going to have another septoplasty.

Comment from: Skunky, 65-74 Female (Patient)Published: July 29

I have a problem with smelling odors that no one else can smell. I now think this is from the septum and turbinate surgery. The odor is sometimes slightly skunky and sometimes like a cooking odor...when I'm not cooking!



Patient Comments are not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on MedicineNet. 

No comments:

spoon-fed, or self-directed worldview?

Powered By Blogger