Citadel Doppelgängers for Toob-Feeding Lemmings. All is Abetted by Calamity-News and Corn-pone-Media Quislings. The GWOT Core of Manifest Destiny aka Exceptional- and Z- and Jingo- isms are Mandates for Eviscerating Natives' Resources an Explicit Neo-Cannibalism. This Manic Tyranny of Unsustainable Reactionary Paradigms is Shock-Doctrined by the Hoaxed "Unawareness" of Ideological, Humanitarian, and Military Crises. "Left" or "Right" Politics has Been Made Entirely Irrelevant.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

SocNet Paradigm v01


SocNet v01
Hey -- Social Networking (and bulloney like Secondlife.com, myspace.com) have overtaken many people's "real" lives.  An effective paradigm for each site is my objective shared here.

LinkedIn.com is not for fluffy remarks or aliases.  Corporate folk focus on what your background is and the potential application of talents and contacts towards a mission.  Initially I assimilated a network with ~zero effort via 'LION' Open-Networking.  An obligation of that membership cost me loads of time clicking-through the duty of  approval of that evangelizing, self-designated, and savvy In-Crowd.   Not being a recruiter, nor adding my employment history and the potential thousands  of fancy alumni/colleagues, I have yet to experience the true value of this tool.   Yes I currently cultivate only contacts that I've met in person or with backgrounds which surpass thresholds of quality which I can evaluate best within my own genres.

I'd recommend to everyone MeetUp.com, it is entirely social, and positive or goofy comments are pervasive.  During my 3.5 years there I barely added any groups, until SEP07.  Joining the best clubs in Orange County, as per my affinities, was vital for  insight to the social topography, because I am evaluating jobs in Los Angeles.  Sometimes I'll add "a friend" because of a pithy quote or their fascinating membership list.  So my list's constituents serve as a clue/shortcut to the realm of the best clubs in disparate locales.  In weaker moments I'll add a friend because they have a striking passion, a remarkable load of 'shouts' or their shown image is traditionally attractive, perhaps not even to my own preferences.
One's friend-list is public data at all these sites, but MeetUp uniquely identifies  those contacts as "Mutual" when it is bilateral.  There seems to be no particular stigma  for self-nominated friends, although some members do shun that practice.  Meetup also has a unique "Pledges" feature which I contend should be public data  about one's commitment to the joined clubs/groups.

Going.com has divergent clientèle and usefulness in its five megalopolis cities.   My limited expertise here was gleaned in AUG07, and bacchanalia seemed  to dominate the Chicago flavor due to shrewd party and nightclub PR agents.  Going -BOS seems weighted more healthily towards cultural opportunities,  although oenophiles (few vinters & even fewer fans-of Yoko) are still abundant.  I've promoted the goals of this site to friends, and felt well-acquainted with the NYC, Chicago and Boston membership.  The surface credentials of the BOS members are significantly more business appropriate  than in the other cities, yet YMMV.  Adding anyone interesting as a friend  seems kosher, but the utility of such is moot at all of the sites. It seems that I do get  broadcasts of items from my friends/contacts.  After some R&D a clarification will be  appended to this dubious documentation.

MySpace.com has bizarre overlapping constituencies and potential.  Quite Left-heavy with California folks, teens, ribald humor, musician- and venue-promotion.  Clicking-through on beautiful pictures can overwhelm the Firefox browser and quickly demolish my vestigial 1GB RAM at ~300 tabs - even with javascript always off for userplane, etc.   My sole agenda at myspace or at a lovable social blogging site like mindsay.com is for
political "education" of the comatose and heinously undiscerning.   Of course, talking to brickheads is almost pointless, like melting a glacier, their eyes glaze over  and it is exactly like you've met one of the pod people from "Invasion of the Body Snatchers."   I cultivate relationships with the wisest folks from all dimensions yet pursue (virtual?) friendship with those with the least damaging prejudices and/or open to  antidotes for our cultural toxicity - the second hand smoke that's killing the entire planet.

Ciao for now from your comrade, Cowtowne

PS: perhaps someday this ephemeral coverage will include
some fascinating specialty sites like Tribe.com, Facebook, Orkut, and the amazing
Del.icio.us and Care2.com ;
indeed, some potential commentary on eHarmony, AmericanSingles,
SinglesNet, Match, LoveHappens, YahooPersonals "and more!"

No comments:

spoon-fed, or self-directed worldview?

Powered By Blogger